The Things Only Disney Fans Understand

 
Being a huge Disney fan, I have grown up with the odd look here and there when I've mentioned how excited I was when I met Mickey Mouse for the 1000th time or that my weekend will consist of a Disney movie marathon and nothing else. Yes and that annoying "aren't you a little old to love Disney?" The answer my friend is no. No I am not and never will be too old for Disney. No matter how hard you try, some people will just never understand why you keep going back to a Disney park or love the films so much. Whilst in the mists of planning our honeymoon to Disney World, I started to think about the things that we Disney fans do that other people just don't understand.

Talking To Disney Characters
Maybe it's just me (although I highly doubt it) but when I'm at the parks and have queued a little while to see my favourite Disney pals, I make conversation with them. I understand characters are not able to talk back, but they sure do still interact and many character experiences have made my day feel extra special. We noticed during our last trip to Disneyland Paris that hardly anyone spoke to the characters, just a quick pic and off they went. Where's the fun in that? I loved watching Woody tap his foot when I asked if there was a snake in his boot, or talking to Peter Pan about his latest run in with Captain Hook. These little things make all the difference.

Disney Bounding
Something else that some just don't get. There's nothing wrong with styling up your outfits to suit your favourite Disney character. Disney bounding is more popular than ever right now and it makes for the best park photos. If you feel like Disney Bounding is for you, take a look on Pinterest.. there's tons of ideas.

Minnie Ears
This is right up my street as I have previously mentioned here. I love changing up my Minnie ears depending on who I'm going to visit or what show I'm going to see next. It's all good fun and characters and cast members love seeing different designs. I never go to a Disney park without them.

Collecting DVDs
Now days there are so many different covers for Disney DVD's and why wouldn't you want them? The latest Disney sleeves are amazing and will look perfect on your shelf at home. Yes us "Disney people" have probably seen the films so many times that we can quote each one, but still the DVD collection is a must.

Obsessing Over Christmas Decorations
Obsession is the word when it comes to Disney Christmas Decorations. The Disney Store bring out so many ornate and beautiful designs every year that it's nearly impossible to say no. Heck, they are so popular that Primark have been bringing out their own Disney baubles the last couple of years. It's an addiction and we can't be stopped (nor do we want to be).

Pin Trading and Collecting
Another addiction that Disney fans may suffer from. Park-goers may find themselves hoarding 100s of different Disney pins even if they aren't on display or have an exact purpose. We see them, we buy them, trade them and it just keeps growing. Still the perfect accessories to jazz up any outfit or bag and you never know when you are going to find a pin that's super rare.

Collect Autographs
Sometimes a photo just isn't enough and we might as well grab an autograph or two if we have a pen handy right? We may not know what to do with them after but it's a fun challenge trying to collect as many different characters as we can. 

Watch the latest Disney film at the Cinema because we can't wait long enough for the DVD
The longest tag line ever, but it's so true. Jase and I always go to the cinema to watch a Disney film and although 99% of the time we realise we are the only "grown-ups" who aren't taking a child to see the film, we don't feel ashamed in the slightest.

Other Disney fans out there, do you agree?
Share:

4 comments

  1. This blog post is so sweet and cute! Having that childlike side is vital for an adult because it can get thrown away as we grow up. I haven't been to Disneyland, but I would absolutely love to go one day :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm glad you liked the post. You must go one day! :)

      Delete
  2. Having just got back from Disneyland Paris, I can feel myself becoming more of a Disney fan. We went mainly for our 2yo son, but I rather enjoyed the experience and look forward to going back. It’s even inspired me to start watching the old films again - we need to explain to our son who Captain James Hook is!

    One regret I had was not asking Disney Bounders if I could get photos of them, some were brilliantly subtle, an i wish I’d got some snaps of them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you had a good time. The parks are amazing and I'm so glad you are inspired to watch the films. I never thought of taking snaps of Disney Bounders! It's on my list next time. :)

      Delete

© Thimbles and Spoons | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig