Finding My Wedding Dress

Wedding planner

I have been engaged for what seems like forever (since 2013 to be exact) and I put off wedding dress shopping until January of this year. I didn't hold off because I didn't want to, I just felt it was far to early. Our wedding is in August 2018 so you could argue that it's still too early. I think it's down to personal choice. I truly believe that everyone's experience is different when trying to find their dress. I had fairly high exceptions of how it would go and in all honesty I had probably been watching too much Say Yes to the Dress (which I still love). 

I took my mum and my nan, because I knew too many opinions would overwhelm me and I can be quite a ball of emotions at the best of times. It was a nice girly, family experience. We visited The Wild Heart Bridal which was special to me as I had previously lived not far from the store.

The shop itself is beautiful and calming, which is just what I needed for such a big and new step. The owners Nicole and Alex could not have been more helpful and friendly, I highly recommend. As far as the dress, I only had one thing on my list.. colour. Be it blush, a soft blue, lilac.. whatever.. I wanted colour. It couldn't be more true when people say "you never really know what you want until you try it on". 

I attended the Hayley Paige (who is amazing!) trunk-show event so I knew colours would be an option. I tried a few dresses on that I had researched before hand and although they were all beautiful and what I had pictured on paper, they didn't give me that feeling I had anticipated. The dress I ended up with "The Dress" was completely a surprise for me. I won't mention the dress name, but it was still a Hayley Paige design and I love it. I didn't have that "boom this is it" moment until I tried on some accessories and a veil. Before that I was a little worried that I wasn't going to get that feeling, which I think brides put a lot of pressure on themselves to achieve. After the whole look, I knew I didn't want to leave without committing to the dress and put a deposit down.

If I could give anyone advice it would be to not expect anything. Have ideas, but not a set list and just go in with an open mind and try on different styles. Don't pressure yourself for a big tearful event, you will know if a dress is for you regardless. 

In all honesty my experience was a bit odd, but in a good way. I had that realisation that I'm getting married (which might sound stupid) and that's a big thing. So no I didn't cry floods of tears, I went very slightly over my budget and ended up with a completely different dress. I couldn't be happier though and can't wait to see Jason's face when we finally tie the knot. As I said before Nicole and Alex were amazing and I have Emailed them a few times with questions since meeting them. They always respond quickly and are always willing to help.

Roll on the big day!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Thimbles and Spoons | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig